Tuesday, October 26, 2010

would you know how to intall this?


Over the past couple weeks I've felt so empowered, trying my hand at a few things that freaked me out or that I simply hoped some kind soul would do for me. There is much I can do on my own but a few things like the installation of this bike rack... I wasn't so sure about. I'd been putting it off for months, had even bought a new one at the market, it would just stare at my as I left the house each day, perched next to my boots. Every time Gloria or Mark or someone needed a ride on the back of my bike, I would remember my broken rack (from too many passengers!) and it would make me cringe thinking of them sitting on there. But yesterday, I did it! And man, did it feel great to get greasy fingers and and figure out how to install my brand spanking new bike rack (there's actually a better term for it, but it's slipping my mind).

This has come after a few weeks of high "You can do it" moments for me! I was terrified to drive in Amsterdam and had managed not to for 2 years, I had also not driven a manual transmission in 2 years either but then I moved and I rented a huge moving TRUCK ... and I drove it remembering how fun manual driving is. To top that off we went to a conference last weekend in the England AND I rented a van AND drove on the wrong side of the road all weekend. I think my shoulders were in a fixed cramp but I did it! And only merged onto oncoming traffic once! But the Brits are so polite not even one person honked as I backed up and entered the correct lane.

Thanks for relishing my "you can do it" moments!

1 comments:

rachel joy baransi said...

you're so cool!!!! :)

things i can't do, make my life so burdensome. because there's so much we can do, the things we can't are so annoying!!!!!

i'm glad you accomplished it brookie.

come and do mine now!