




On Saturday we hosted our first house show event. Well, Mark hosted the show at his sweet apartment overlooking a canal, and Rue Royale provided the entertainment (Eva Ellingsworth opened), but it was a a group effort on the part of our faith community. My sister and Rachel gave me the sweet idea of emailing Rue Royale and asking them to play and since it happened to be during a week I was feeling bold and creative, I emailed. And they said, absolutely we'd love to! Hannah provided the gezelligheid complete with glühwein and hapjes, Reetta, Anete, and Amanda baked up a storm, and everyone invited their friends. It's moments like last Saturday night when I look around and think, okay... yes, this is what I love doing. There's a lot about planting a church that's so hard, and annoying, and just plain depressing sometimes, but nights like this give me such joy and I leave feeling like the luckiest girl in the world doing church in creative ways in this city that has crept under my skin and become a part of me.
Floating Around
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment