There are a few things that I've heard this week which made me really happy... kind of like Syrian polos (a drink with tons of mint and lemon juice) make me happy. I know that sounds silly but you have no idea how amazing a polo is on a hot summer day. And yes, I'm also dreaming of hot summer days.
- "I really like your church, it's like going to my pilates class, I leave feeling so relaxed."
- "I feel so much love here and I want to respond and figure out where that love is coming from."
- "It's important to name things, my daughter was crying last week and I asked her, are you crying because you're sick or because mom's gone on a trip. She answered, because mom's gone. I have mommy cramps."
- Belly laughing with a friend while listening to David Sedaris.
- Me to a friend: "Do you want to come to church with me tomorrow? No pressure, but know that I will always keep asking because I think it's the greatest thing ever (said with a twinkle in my eye). "
Answer: "I know! I love that about you even though church is the last place I want to be. Keep asking."
- "When I think about dance school I don't want to dance but when I'm dancing I can't think of anything else I'd rather do."
- "Jesus didn't die for clean air, he died for people. The people are in the cities, so go to the cities!" -John Wimber
-"Jesus gave Peter a chance to recant, he wanted forgiveness to be the marker of His life, not failure. Jesus would always rather restore than remove and re-appoint." -Simon Ponsonby.
Floating Around
14 years ago
1 comments:
brooke, these are sweet. thanks for sharing them. i miss you and i would LOVE to be the person belly laughing to david sedaris with you right now. (i mentioned him in my blog post today also) you're coming for a visit soon, i can't wait! :)
Post a Comment