Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's the beginning!!



Hello dear friends!


This all feels very real now! I am in fact moving to Amsterdam in 2 months, around August 20th. My team includes: Julia and Eric Pickerill and their kids Connor, Lucas, and Gloria, John and Amanda Nash and their son Grayson, and Bernie and Roxi Larsen. I love them and they're quickly becoming like family!

Every week for months,"open a blog" has been on my massive to do list.. which just today grew to 4 typed pages... ahhh!!! But at least everything if off my brain and on paper, whew! I even added little boxes to check once I finished something... that's what I live for, getting to check off my to do list!

Here's a glimpse:


Make a will
Research plane tickets
Make copies of important docs
Cancel cell phone service
Stock up on vitamins
Set up skype
Devide all my stuff into piles; take/store/give/sell/toss
Get haircut
Go on vacation with the family

I get to check off that last one this Sunday! I'm heading off to spend a wonderful week with my family on the beach in North Carolina. It's been a while since it's been just us! Dad, mom, Eva, Nathan, and Tanya... it'll be wonderful! And I'm going to soak up every minute with them.

Thanks for reading!


I'll continue to update as my departure date draws near (oh, I can't wait!!!)
Love,
Brooke

3 comments:

John and Amanda said...

Yeah!!! Looks great Brooke. Now we just need to get the Larsens on board with a blog...

Julia Pickerill said...

i love it!!! especially the green. lovely. you guys... i'm totally coming over to your side. i'll leave facebook & set up a blog so we can match.

we are having a ball in colorado already. the kids were up 'till like 4am our time so are hopefully going to nap today. we woke up this morning to snow! we went on a hike & it snowed a bit more. it's lovely and chilly and wonderful. our condo is great--small and makes me so excited to find an apt. in amsterdam!

okay... we're missing you guys.

and, for good measure: my money is on dr. jer looking a lot like barney houchins. :)

love you brooke.......

D said...

If you need any help setting up Skype, let me know, I have been on it for a few years now and use it daily for all my calls to the US and Canada. Also, it is the BEST way to send large files to someone since most email cant handle big graphic and video files.
Anyway have a great time with the fam.
Dave Webster