I've been thinking so much these days. My brain is bursting. Today I feel so blessed and so free. Bernie and Roxi walked off the plane a few hours ago. We were all there bearing loads of tulips and were our big loud happy American selves for a few minutes. It's been 6 months since I've seen them, since our team has been together but it just picked right up again! We had quite a welcoming committee there and the day was so special to spend all together. We were peeing our pants laughing just like we're used to! It was delightful! They bring such stability and a sense of presence to our team. They are a gift to us. I am so thankful for them, and for Grayon Lewis Nash (he turned 1 today) and ate his first birthday cake as all 1 year olds do, opened presents, walked around on shaky legs and laughed a lot. It was a delight. I'm thankful for the VU (Vrije Univ.), for the fact that I thought I could not learn a language the "sit in a classroom" style but in fact it was a lie. I've learned so much and am so excited to keep pressing in and practicing and making a fool of myself in order to learn this wonderfully complex and fascinating language.
Floating Around
14 years ago
1 comments:
You go girl. . . loved the statement about language learning and the lie. . .it's so great you have such an enthusiasm for it. . that is a portion of the challenge. . brooke it seems like you are HOME<3 rachels' momma
Post a Comment