Monday, April 13, 2009






I sat down and made this last night... kind of out of necessity.
Not sure. It's funny how lately, I think it's because I'm with my thoughts 24/7 without the typical structure/history/sense of culture/normalcy that I had at home... moments come when I get to the end of rational thought and structure. As a release, words or images just poor out on paper. So this time it's image.

My thoughts/emotions have been caught up in what seems silly to anti-climatic to say aloud, but with meeting Jesus. I thought I knew Jesus enough. I thought you do that part once and then you work on the other knowing parts. The knowing the Bible better, theology, spiritual intricacies, gifts, etc... But I have been so wrong. Just like we need to be filled with the holy spirit over and over again, we too need more of Jesus again and again.

This year in meeting Jesus, I'm meeting things about Jesus I wasn't aware of. Or let me put it this way: I'm experiencing in my body, my emotions, heart, senses, what I've gotten used to telling others about. I'm getting hit again and again with the simple power of Jesus. And it has come on slowly. As I talk and talk over and over again about Jesus with friends, as I read to try and figure out how to do that, when I sit in confusion and sadness, unsure of how to proceed... through all of this stuff that has been done in order to share Jesus, it's seeped in to me again.

And it's undone me and has been so unexpected. I've become a fan of the simple Jesus. Because I think that when you get the simple Jesus... then He walks you through the complexities that fill life and they don't seem as terrifying or confusing.

2 comments:

Dotty said...

thank you for the visual and articulate reminder that it's really all about Him, so thankful, ma

Adrienne Grimes said...

Brooke-
That was really beautiful...I want more of that right now! Love you and love what the Lord is doing in and through you!