Wednesday, July 29, 2009

new shoes

I ran for the first time in years yesterday. YEARS. I used to love it. I haven't decided if I love it again yet. I enjoyed the process of thinking about running. It meant I could buy running pants and shoes since the last pair I bought were from the 1999 I think. I plotted out my route (Vondelpark) and set an aggressive schedule (every morning... ya right).

It was a nice run, beautiful sky, fun people watching, my shoes felt good, the sweat felt even better. But it all went downhill when I woke up this morning. Oh yea, I haven't used those muscles in a while. I'm in pain. Hopefully the pain will eventually end. Biking is nice but I want to feel strong again.

And I realize I've received a pair of new shoes in many ways this year. New friends, new team, new house, different food, new language, new street names, new ways to talk about Jesus, new questions, new culture, new way to say hello (love the 3 kisses), new holidays (I remembered the 4th of July on the 5th). New new new. And I love the new shoes but I'm also looking for some old. We'll see if the running sticks.

1 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Good luck. :-)