Jesus I found out today, is pretty fabulous, even more fabulous than I already knew He was. This occurred to me while sipping my second cup of mint tea out of a lovely gold trimmed glass, listening to a new friend tell me she plans to go to Blokker to buy the film entitled "Jesus" after she learned that Jesus is referred to 5 times more than Muhammad in the Qur'an.
I grew up knowing that Jesus is a prophet quoted often in the Qur'an, that He was greatly revered and considered a man of God. But today I finally got it. Jesus in the Qur'an. Jesus. My Jesus and your Jesus, our Jesus. We are not be on the same page as to His divinity but what fun to sit in a room and chat about our Jesus. I love this Jesus who is speaking out to us, whether through my Bible or your Qur'an, while listening to pop music on your laptop and discussing our favorite films between agreeing on the miracle of the virgin birth and the brilliance of His teachings.
I love when I'm surprised by Jesus. Thank goodness, it happens all the time.
Floating Around
14 years ago
1 comments:
This is cool! I thrive on this kind of conversation. Those who are sincerely seeking more truth are always exciting to talk with even when we're on different pages. The boring folks are those who think they've found all the truth they need.
Love your pictures.
Post a Comment