Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I like themes, I like knowing what to expect. It made me happy to flip through a contemporary art magazine today where every entry had some kind of connection to birds, or to dip into 4 books over the course of a few weeks about a certain theme, to eat cabbage cooked in a variety of ways for a week, to wear black for 3 days straight just because it matches my hair. Themes are nice, rhythm is nice. Yet sometimes things change and surprises are welcome...

I was thinking today how I have this idea of what I'm capable of in my head, what I'm successful at, my skills, the things I should do, and shouldn't do and how sometimes I wake up and realize I'm doing something I never thought I could do and would have freaked me out 6 months ago. That's when all I can say is "Thank you God that you will never stop surprising me. Thank you that I can't put you in a box and thank you for giving me just what I need when I'm pushed out of the nest and forced to figure out how to fly."

0 comments: