Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I prayed and invited Jesus to lead my life when I was 8, around 15 it became personal and really began to affect my life. At that time I had what I call a conversion to the church and the Holy Spirit, when I was 18 the Bible began to come to life for me, and so it went... year after year I continued to try on and wear more and more of the life of Jesus. And this week I felt like I got saved yet again.

I think it's John Wimber who said "we need to be filled regularly with the Holy Spirit because we leak", it's not just a one off event. I'm starting to think in the same way we need to be saved more than once. Not saved for salvation... that's done once and for all, but saved for ourselves, reminded again. Believe it again. The beauty of the good news caught my breath again this week. The beauty of the story; of God's desire for relationship with us, and sin and pain preventing that. So, in one radical act of grace that revivals all epic novels he became man, sending his son to earth. Jesus lived perfectly and then took all our sin and healed it by dieing in our place. When he rose to life he became the doorway for us back to God. Back to life now with God. And that's the door I walked through again this week. Without recognizing daily my need for salvation I start to forget. I live like I'm not free. I forget why it matters to tell others. I forget that Jesus is in me and wants to move in to every room of my heart and instead I live scared and controlled. And through the beauty of the gospel we're freed from that. I invite repeated opportunities to pull on the sweater of truth and wear it so that it becomes again my very own skin.

2 comments:

Dotty said...

Beautiful Brooke, thank you for sharing this! beautifully said

Sarah said...

Wonderful stuff!