I walked into the Pickerill apartment this afternoon around 3pm and promptly fell flat into the little bed I'm sleeping in next to Gigi's little bed in her very pink room. Allie and I saw 7 apartments today with our very kind broker Guido (said, "Hruido" as you roll the r and the h in your throat). It's nearly impossible to find places without a broker so he's made the process much easier. We just happened upon him and he's been a total gift. He planned the route and drove us around to all the places (I got very motion sick in his little car... I'm glad I'll be riding a bike!)
We saw 2 nice apartments in Rivierenburt (near the Pickerills), 3 in the De Pijp area about 5 min away, 1 in Jordaan (one of my favorites!), and 1 in the centre (another fav). So we have some great options! Most of them are at least partially furnished and beautiful with large windows and really nice dutch style kitchens in great neighborhoods with shops, little markets, cafes, etc... Our broker has put bids into both places, now we'll wait and see, hopefully signing the lease Monday or Tuesday and moving in on Wednesday! It's a very fast market he keeps saying! I'm so excited to be in my own little home!! Oh.. and all of them are on the 2nd or 3rd floors! So, if you visit you may want to head to the gym a couple extra times before you come! I wake up every morning very sore, ha!
Tonight Allie and I had dinner with Joel and Deborah and their kids Manuel and Daphida. They live just north of Amsterdam in this great little neighborhood that we take a little ferry to get to. We had a lovely time with them. They are so warm and welcoming and really pleasant to be with. They already feel like dear friends! Joel drove us home and dropped off a small TV (Connor was thrilled) for the family to use for a while. (So now we're catching up a bit on the Olympics... in Dutch! The Dutch women's field hockey team won a gold, hurray!)
Now we're blowing up balloons and baking a cake for Gigi's birthday tomorrow! So fun! Thanks so much for your sweet thoughts and prayers! I feel so free and welcome here and I know that's in large part due to you sending me off so well!
4 comments:
congratulation's on the new adventures!!! brooke
i hope you and allie find a nice place to live, with no mice.....
crazy?
How exciting!!!! Have fun working those legs carrying you bike up and down the stairs! haha ;)
B-SO fun, so happy for you!! Wherever you move you will make a wonderful home of it. :) love you!
Post a Comment