Last week I took a quick little pop back to Columbus, Ohio for one of my dear friend's wedding. Shelley married Jonathan (a wonderful guy) on Saturday November 8th. It was such a treat to be there for their wedding and it was totally God that I got to be back for it. I arrived in on Wednesday November 5th. I got to spend some time with Shelley, my family, and some friends before the wedding. Throughout the ceremony, standing there in my purple dress that fit (thanks to Katie Hertert who was my fit model in Ohio when I was in Amsterdam!) I kept saying to myself, "I can't believe I'm here, I can't believe it, I can't believe I'm here!"
A gift! I've been using that word a lot these days as I journal and talk and think... it's a gift, a gift. Gift. Being home was a gift, my parent's, my sister flying in for the weekend from Chicago, my brother and my gorgeous sister-in-law, my friends who are so sweet and dear to me, even when we're not living in the same city. It's amazing how I fit in Columbus and I fit in Amsterdam. What a wonderful feeling! Vineyard Columbus is a gift, Rich's messages, seeing Roxi & Bernie, my team members who move here in less than 2 months!, Tara loaning me her car... and making me Anathallo & Rosie Thomas music for the ride!, Starbucks with Kelly, Northstar breakfast with dad & bumping in to people there, errands with mom, cheap theatre movie, morning chapel with mom and dad, getting awesome prayer, Mandy's hugs, seeing Brent, Christian, and Ashley during VLI break, Staying up late with Chris & Nikki laughing and talking, Bernie's popcorn, Laura's welcome back sign in Dutch, dancing with Jim, missing Amsterdam, missing my new friends here, laughing, flying back in class!, finding out that I got the dutch teacher I was praying for! Class starts back on Monday. Yay. Julia and John are also starting class on Monday... two spots opened up at the last minute! So many gifts!
It was a short week and I was nervous about how it would feel to come back to Amsterdam after such a short time. It helped a lot walking out of baggage claim and seeing my whole team waving signs and flowers there to greet me! Allie, Julia and Gigi, Amanda and John, Rachel, Rachel, and Grayson!! It was so special.. here's a picture of the welcoming crew in the airport enjoying Starbucks before we trained back to the city. It's now Friday and I got some great sleep last night and I'm just catching up with life here now. I'm going to run to the market and get some food and say hi to my neighbors. Tomorrow we're having Chipotle and game night. Ta ta for now!

1 comments:
what? chipotle? where in the world is the chipotle? what i wouldn't have given for a burrito during my years in amsterdam..we daydreamed about it all the time...
admittedly its bittersweet reading your blog, because you are where i want to be more than any place in the world. but i am truly very very happy to hear/see you are doing well and enjoying that amazing and beautiful place.
god zegen..
rach
Post a Comment