Saturday. Lovely day. Woke up late (after a movie with some friends last night from class) It was good to connect with them outside of class. I attempted to make gluten free (no wheat flour) pancakes this am. They were okay. One of my many dreams in life is to someday make GF food that tastes as good or better than the reg. thing. I have a long way to go. Everything looked beautiful on the table though.

I have a journal which I call my "beautiful book" and I paste things in there that inspire me/grab my attention (here's a picture of it). Since I'm becoming more digital and blog more than I journal on paper anymore.. I too will move my beautiful book to a blog. For now I'll post a couple things here.
Mobile: Found it at a little fair trade shop. Gorgeous made out of recycled paper. It will probably be a gift for someone(act surprised if it's you!)
Clutter on a table: I love arial pictures of food/plates/action. So here's a picture of Allie preparing her pancake .
On a totally different not I'm off to a osu/michigan (our big rival) game (American football). It should be lots of fun. Even a few of our dutch friends who like A. football are coming! Go Buckeyes! (I don't think I've ever said that before... living in another country sure does strange things to you... making you connect back to your roots in unexpected ways. Hmm.
Oh and p.s. we had our first snow/hail/ slush/rain here. Winter is really coming. Lovely. My favorite time of the year. I'm counting down the days till spring already. It's going to be a long winter on a bike covered in my poncho. Good thing I got rain boots when I was home. Now I just need water proof gloves.
2 comments:
hey brooke! i love reading your blog. i've been meaning to point you to this cooking website for a long time: http://www.latartinegourmande.com. the woman who writes it makes tons of delicious looking gluten free recipes - and she takes gorgeous photos, too! stay warm, hope you're well!
-katina
Thanks for the beautiful.
Post a Comment