Monday, November 24, 2008

good job

Last night on the way back from Utrecht Vineyard (about an 1 hr or so trip) it started to snow! It had been spitting all day but it really committed right about 5pm (when we were on the train). It was so beautiful to watch the landscape fly by and think about winter, which always takes my mind to Christmas, traditions, childhood, fun, family, baking, snow angels... and on and on. It's fun to think about starting new traditions this year and keeping some old ones as well. I'm going to make sure to keep one very important one: making my mom's famous (to me!) cream cheese Christmas cookies. They're so addictive and because there is no sugar in the dough you get to pile on the sprinkles and candy for a wonderful sweet/slightly sour taste that wakes up your mouth! So good, I'm drooling just thinking about them! 


Today in class............(I definitely flaked out and took public transport... which really Brooke, if being tough means riding a bike in the freaking icy cold and being a baby means riding the tram... then what was I when I would jump in my warm dry car? Ha, the funny rules I make up for myself! Well at least no biking in the ice for me until I get my front wheel fixed. It's going to happen dad I promise. Soon. Really).........
 
So, anyway in class.. HURRAY!! Huge day. I got a writing assignment back and on the top in green writing it said "Goed teksten!"... which in effect means, good work! A compliment, wow! I was slightly skeptical since my page also had corrections all over it as well... but I was thrilled non the less! They're intense and very good at the poker face but today they slipped. Ha! I just had to share!

0 comments: