It's Monday. And one of the first Mondays in a while that I haven't woken up at the crack of dawn. It feels kind of nice. But also strange. I have a 2 weeks holiday from dutch class and then I'll head back in to the fray on the 17th of November! Here's a picture of my dutch class. We went out to lunch to celebrate the end of level 1. What a hilarious group! We've laughed a lot the past 9 weeks and also groaned in pain during difficult times, when our brains were bursting.
I was craving something new today and little bit of quiet so I found Begijnhof. It's only a few streets from me and really beautiful. It used to be a community of women who were devoted to service and prayer (kind of like nuns). The houses are in a circle all facing eachother and create a beautiful courtyard where there's a little church and chapel. I just sat there for a while. I've been craving silence and quiet... and I got it. I really felt God's presence too. It was very sweet.
Saturday I went with Allie and a some really great people from her program to Museum Nacht. 41 museums were open from 7pm-2am. Each one had a special event, performence, or project you could be a part of. All the public transportation was free with your ticket as well.. so we got to explore all over the city in the middle of the night! My favorite was the zoo. We went on a tour in the dark and saw all the animals you usually miss during the day. The owls were super sweet! I felt like an intruder. It was kind of a rush. We also went to the Portuguese Synagogue. It doensn't have electricity so the place was full of candles. Amazing! At midnight they had a quartet perform. It was really lovely!
Sunday we headed down to Utrecht Vineyard to see friends there and connect a bit. It's so sweet how Vineyards feel a bit like home no matter where you are. We're trying to make it to Utrecht at least once a month. Here's a few pictures. As you can see we enjoyed hearing the message translated and as a result we all decided Amanda should be a head phone model! Well my friends, that's about all I can muster up tonight. Hope you're all doing well.
Tot ziens!
1 comments:
I got to see the Portuguese Synagogue on Saturday, too -- and it was my favorite by far. I did the Zoo a few years back and enjoyed it, too -- but the crowds are a definite drawback. Have you ever visited the Huis Marseille, by the way? As a photographer, I think you'd really appreciate it (though not necessarily on Museumnacht).
Post a Comment