We went all out for out first Thanksgiving in Holland. In a few years we'll probably be eating chicken and cold potatoes but this year we did out grandmas and mothers and cousins and aunt Annes proud! I made pumpkin pie (I'm very proud of the one above), apple pie and of course my Nana's rolls. Amanda and John conquered the turkey, freshest one I've ever had. We think it was probably still alive a couple hours before they picked it up from the butcher. Allie made an awesome salad, Julia made cranberry sauce, casseroles, Rachel made the best mashed potatoes I've ever eaten and Eric bought a slab of butter. What a fun day. We started in the morning with breakfast at Allie and my house. We also had art class! Since advent begins on Sunday and we don't have a nativity set brought from home, we made one! Everyone made a piece. Isn't it amazing! It was created out of sculptey clay and then baked in the oven. I love baby Jesus created by Rachel (Grayson little pointy hat was the inspiration!)
Floating Around
14 years ago
7 comments:
"Eric bought a slab of butter," huh? Impressive. :-)
haha, that line made me laugh out loud too.... :)
what a great holiday it was!
that pie looks absolutely picture perfect!!
& that's great about Eric bringing the butter-ha!
I loved your Manger scene - in fact, so much, we are going to try a hand at making one in our family for Advent. What a creative idea!
Your beautiful pictures and thoughts are a blessing to me - thank you for sharing!
Michelle D.
also... one thing about the Sculptey manger scene. We started with alluminum foil and formed it in to the basic shapes of the bodies/animals and then formed clay around that. It's a good to do so the pieces cook quicker and you don't have to use as much clay.. since Scupltey is expensive.
That's a more interesting Nativity than any I've seen in the stores this year.
aww! What a fun Holiday! :) I love the manger scene, it is precious!
Heather
Post a Comment