I don't have a lot of time to make art these days so I took a "30 min" break from studying and let loose on my blog. You may have been confused. Some of you may know that I thrive on changing my environment. I get it from my mother. I'm always moving a picture or rearranging couches anywhere I live...
It's been a good few days here:
1. Saturday Allie and I had our first little hang out at our apartment! It was so fun! We had a very dutch brunch... hard boiled eggs, breads, cheese, fruit, and lots of coffee! Allie's friend from school came, the Pickerills, the V's, and even Connor's friend and mom from his school. After breakfast we all went to an outdoor market.
2. Sunday I went to Utrecht Vineyard with everyone. We carpooled with our friends the V's and the N's. It was a little crazy since no cars were allowed in Amsterdam on Sunday due to a big marathon. It was so good to worship, to enjoy 3 coffee times during the service, and to spend time with new friends. Eric preached which was fun as well.
3. Monday was my brother's birthday and I had the best time skyping with him and the rest of the family! My sister even happened to call from Chicago, so she jumped on skype and we had a three way conference call! I was so happy!
4. Language school was so awesome today (even though we found out half of our big test is on Monday.. ahhh). During the break we all stood around and shared how old we were... weird, right? Well you would have had to be there. Saying numbers in dutch is kinda hard for some of us (me included!) so we were dieing with laughter! It was really fun! It's been so sweet getting to know such an eclectic fascinating group of people... and it makes learning a new language way better. We even have a party this weekend.
5. Tonight Allie and I had some great time praying for each other. I needed it so bad!
6. Tomorrow Eric, Julia, and I are hanging out with T to practice dutch! I'm glad to have a friend willing to listen to my broken messed up dutch and lovingly correct me! We also have small group. Another fun group of people.
Ok, well... that's all I've got. I'm going to hit the sack... Good night!
1 comments:
I was wondering what you all eat over there.
Three coffees during the church service? :-)
Post a Comment