Yesterday I baked a GF brownie mix that I brought from home. So good! The baking process was a little funny though, since the only oven we have (as most ppl. here do as well) is a microwave with an oven feature! Which is good for me... no fear of blowing things up anymore when I forget to take off the aluminum foil! Here's a random picture for fun:
This image took me completely by surprise. I have to share. The artist is Peter Wever, from Berlin. The title: "Um Blau Hochkant." What an image! I want to experience a hug like that! I think that's the kind of hug the prodigal son received (we receive) from his father.

Language class was so good today! It was really fun and I feel like I got a bit closer to people in the class as well. We talked about Prinsjesdag, which is today. The day when the queen goes to parliament and the budget and plan for the year is presented. It's the official start of the political year. I think I caught that all (she was speaking in dutch!). There's also a sort of parade of little hats. All the women wear these fancy old fashioned hats. Here are some examples:


Allie and I made up a list of people to invite to our first party next weekend! I'm so excited! It'll be a little house warming party and a way to get to know our new friends better. We're going to invite everyone we've met and interacted with so far! So, pray that they come! Yay! I'm also praying for a very "dutch" environment, a cafe or somewhere where I can become a regular and study dutch there a couple times a week, practice the language, as well as get to know the people who work there and frequent the place. I'm trying to kill many birds with one stone!
For now,
goodnight!
1 comments:
thanks for making us feel like we're there! how fun that you are having your first party!! hope you are wearing a fun little hat today. :o)
Post a Comment