Monday, September 1, 2008

i don't like dam square

So I decided that I'm going to shy away from dam square from now on. The last two times I've ridden my bike through that part of town (very busy and touristy) I almost died... twice. Today was pretty close and horrible. A car pulled up in front of me to my left (as I was riding by) and before I knew it the passenger side door flew open. I came within centimeters of slamming in to the door. All I could muster was a wimpy "ahhhyiaaahh," as I slammed on my brakes as hard as I could. Nothing else came out, I couldn't breathe. The girl behind me almost crashed as well, and she let him have it. He just laughed a crazy weird laugh and I wanted to punch him. I got my voice back a couple blocks later and almost turned around to go give him a stern talk and then I heard my mom's voice in my head and thought better of it. Thanks mom. Well, I just thought I'd share my most recent biking adventure with you, since the end is happy: I'm alive! Good night all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you're still alive, brooke!! what a crazy story! you stay safe over there!! miss you!!! love, laura :)